~= toolforge - software development at systemausfall.org =~
software for a kiosk-mode browser with webcam
A simple python-based web ticker generator. The most common use is probably a live-ticker documenting real-life events or actions to a broad audience.
- input text items (timestamp, title, content) in a simple web form
- modify or delete old items
- each change triggers an update of static html files containing all current entries
- the URL of these static html files should be published to the audience
The output is fully customizable via a simple html template.
Read the README file for details.
This is the further development of the original ezmlm-web.
ezmlm-web is a web interface for the ezmlm mailing list manager.
The CryptoBox-Project allows you to store your private data on an encrypting fileserver. You just need to put the bootable live-CD into an old computer and configure your personal CryptoBox within seconds. Your data is safe, as soon as you pull the plug.
This set of shell scripts helps you to manage an open wireless network:
- the first web request of every user is redirected to a website of your choice (e.g. to inform about the net)
- per user traffic statistics
This package is even more useful when combined with fairspeed.
A tool that helps you manage your website.
systemausfall.org is an example for a plan_kalkuel website.
This is a set of shell scripts that can help you to manage a dial-up connection (not a flatrate) for more than one computer.
- muliple users share a single connection
- users can control the dial up connection through a web interface
- user specific billing (cost sharing if more than one user is connected)
- user specific idle timeout
- users have to open a connection, otherwise they are blocked (by iptables) - this is necessary for the billing
With a little bit of effort, you can deploy it on an embedded system.
Repositories / Downloads
repository for debian packages
maling list archives: https://systemausfall.org/mail-archive