- create gnupg keys in background
- minor bug fix
- support encrypted mailing lists
- hide domains without accessible lists for improved privacy
- various bug fixes
- complete interface languages: English, German, Japanese, Portugues do Brasil, Russian, Slovenian and Spanish
- support for multi-domains setups (multiple list directories)
- user-specific interface language selection
- user-specific interface type selection (easy/normal/expert)
- simplified options for subscribing and posting
- simplified "reply-to-self" option
- downloadable subscribers list
- display subscription log
- support for ezmlm-idx v6.0
- new alternative color set
- complete interface languages: English, German, Portugues do Brasil and Slovenian
02007/03/21 - translations made easy
The translations of ezmlm-web are now managed via a comfortable web interface (powered by pootle). Just register and contribute some translated strings in your favourite language for the upcoming v3.2 release. Thanks!
02006/03/26 - ezmlm-web Version 3.1.4 released
- new setting: DOTQMAIL_DIR (useful for multi domain vpopmail setups)
[suggested by Maurits Lamers]
- minor stylesheet change (circumvents IE rendering bug)
- case-insensitive check for mime type during address file upload
02006/02/22 - ezmlm-web Version 3.1.3 released
- fixed removal of dotqmail files
02006/02/15 - ezmlm-web Version 3.1.2 released
- honour DEFAULT_OPTIONS for new lists
- portability issue of suid-wrapper fixed
02006/01/19 - ezmlm-web Version 3.1.1 released
- more careful removal of dotqmail files during list deletion
- allow dots in webuser names
- allow underscores in descriptive listname
02006/01/16 - ezmlm-web Version 3.1 released
- support for ezmlm-idx v5.0
- change language of list (idx >= 5.0)
- change charset of list (idx >= 5.0)
- requires Mail::Ezmlm >= v0.07
02006/01/08 - debian package available
02006/01/08 - ezmlm-web Version 3.0.2 released
- small language fix
02006/01/06 - ezmlm-web Version 3.0.1 released
- bugfix: accept special characters in mail address according to RFC2822
02005/12/25 - ezmlm-web Version 3.0 released
- interface completely rewritten
- support for msgsize, mimereject, trailer
- it requires the clearsilver template engine
- few bug fixes
02005/10/11 - ezmlm-web Version 2.3.1 released (contributed by Reinin Oyama)
- Japanese translation
- small design improvements
- mimeremove and prefix option deletion fixed
- some bug fixes
02005/06/10 - ezmlm-web Version 2.3 released
- css style definitions
- subscribers's file upload fixed
- user permission handling fixed
02005/01/26 - ezmlm-web Version 2.2 released
- German translation
- security fixes
- create-permissions per user
02005/01/24 - the work of Guy Antony Halse will be continued ... here
ezmlm-web is a web interface for the administration of ezmlm mailing lists. It allows complete control over their configuration by using a web browser. User-based access control relieves administrators from the burden of managing all their mailing lists on their own.
How can ezmlm-web help you?
ezmlm-web is an attempt to hide the complexities of managing a mailing list behind an intuative, easy to use web based interface. Thus it makes easy remote administration real.
ezmlm-web allows the user to easily add and remove mailing list subscribers, create and delete mailing lists as well as alter the configuration of existing mailing lists. Almost every aspect of the mailing list is controllable through the web interface, allowing the list user to do everything without the assistance of the systems administrators.
FeaturesSome of the important features that ezmlm-web offers are;
- Multi-Domain Support - ezmlm-web Can manage multiple mailing list domains within one web interface without harming privacy.
- Multi-Level Access - You can control who has access to different mailing lists or domains.
- Support for encrypted mailing lists - ezmlm-web allows you to configure your encrypted mailing list (gpg-ezmlm) and the associated gnupg keyring through its user friendly web interface.
- Name Association - You can enter any RFC 822 email address, and it will display the nice name while referring to the email address.
- Configurable Design - The "look & feel" of ezmlm-web is configured through templates, allowing you to easily integrate it into your existing website.
- Multiple Subscribes/Unsubscribes - ezmlm-web supports file uploads for bulk subscription of email addresses, and multiple selects for bulk deletes. Downloading the mail addresses of the subscribers to a plaintext file is also possible.
- Full support for all command line options - ezmlm-web has been updated to take advantage of all the command line features of ezmlm-idx v6.0. It should be compatible with any further releases :-)
- Language Independence - ezmlm-web is available in seven languages (English, German, Japanese, Portugues do Brasil, Russian, Slovenian and Spanish - your contribution for other languages is welcome.
A full list of requirements is available in the README file in the distribution.
Basically, however, you need the following on your system:
How you can contribute
You can help to improve ezmlm-web in many ways. Some of them are:
- translate it to another language (this takes about two hours) - for now English, German, Japanes, Portugues do Brasil, Russian, Slovenian and Spanish are available
- create a nice stylesheet to improve its appearance
- send me patches you would like to see incorporated
- tell me if you find evidences of my poor english tongue on this page
If you are interested in the code of ezmlm-web, then you can anonymously checkout the subversion repository at https://svn.systemausfall.org/svn/ezmlm-web.
You are also invited to use the project's bug tracking system.
The original author of ezmlm-web is Guy Antony Halse. He developed it up to version 2.1. By then it was functionally complete and convenient.
Since September 02000 no new releases were published.
In January 02005 Guy handed the project over to me (Lars Kruse). I incorporated the suggestions that were sent to Guy so far. Additional design and security improvements, as well as translations and loads of new features were integrated, too.
Your suggestions are welcome and will improve ezmlm-web whenever possible.
Some final words ...
As I am no native english speaker, I will gladly accept every hint to improve the appearance of this website.
A large amount of the code of ezmlm-web was written by Guy Antony Halse - thanks a lot for this work!
If you have any suggestions regarding ezmlm-web, please send a mail to ezmlm-web[AT]sumpfralle.de.